Re: Mixed Emotions

I want Over the Rhine to be famous also. I would enjoy it if others
could hear their music. I am in New York and I constantly promote OtR to
the people I go to school with and of course they make fun of the way I
promote a band that no one here has heard of. I am from Cincinnati and
coming back home to familiar territory where other people have heard of
OtR is great. I want to experience this here in New York but if they do
not "make it" I will never have here what I have back home in Cinci.
I too feel that at least ninety-percent of top-forty music is terrible.
There are bands that have been able to "make it" and retain the quality
in their music. I just hope that OtR is given the freedom to make great
music like they have since 1988 when it was just Ric, Brian and Linford
and 1989 when Karin joined them to form OtR. OtR places so much emphasis
on the quality of their music, as we can tell from their six albums,
that they will always put out the highest quality music. Of course I
have been listening to the Real Audio broadcast over the internet and I
have been touched by the voice of an angel so I might be somewhat
biased.
Joshua Lawson
Faithfully Dangerous