Re: I guess they really are happy with themselves.....

Zena Neds-Fox <znedsfox at moody_edu> sez:
>No...I don't want to be a jerkfan.  But.  This is how I'm feeling...
>They are such a hard working band...I mean they have been
[...]
>want to see how far they can go.  I don't think OtR wanted to
>be famous all the while, I think somewhere along the way they
>saw that they could take the next step and looked up at the stars
>and thought "why not, let's see what happens..."  I love this band,
>I love to see them live...I want them to realize all their potential,
>but...and there is a but...I guess I miss them.

Look at it this way.  Music is what they do for a living.  I write
software for a living.  I want to be as successful a programmer as I
can be.   So, if I'm an "indie" programmer, and write some shareware
that becomes immensely popular, and then I'm courted by major
corporations.  I get a job with Oracle, a major player in the
client/server database world.

You're all gonna be happy for me, right?

The music industry is the only place where the model given by my
example is not considered a good thing by the end-users (fans, in this
case)

They make music for a living.  Of COURSE they want to be successful
and make money doing something they love.

Who wouldn't?
--
NP: Prince - _1999_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery