Re: @ Monk

"Bruce Lachey" <b_lachey at hotmail_com> sez:
>Ric Hordinski was the guitarist and founding member of Over the Rhine.
>He's the guy on all the CDs you have.  He left OtR in late '96 to pursue
>other interests (production, his own music, having a baby, etc).

You make it sound so peaceful.

>Ric shortened the name (wisely) to "Monk" and released two well-received
>CDs independently:  "Quiver" is a pop-music, nicely produced collection.
>"Hush" is filled with lushly overdubbed instrumental tracks (including
>"Coal Train" and "A Little Lower than the Angels" from OtR's DNotY).

Hate to call you on this one, Brucey, but AIUI, apart from the drums
and a little bass, _Hush_ isn't very overdubbed at all.   In fact,
AFAIR, a lot of the guitar tracks were one-takes.

>Monk has bits of inactivity, but recently have been playing live a bit,
>recorded some national radio things, and are planning a new live album
>and a new original album in the next year.

Ric says he has over 3 hours of live tapes he looking at to pick out
stuff for the live disc.   Of course, I told him just to release it
all.
--
NP: Over The Rhine - _Till We Have Faces_ (IRS)
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery