Columbia, MO show

Hmmm hi okay :) I NEVER know if y'all get any of this but I'll take a
shot.

I was _elated_ that CJ and OTR were coming to a FREE show at a tiny little
venue in Columbia, MO, home of the Tigers! (and where I go to school). So
i asked EVERYONE to go with me to the show and no one had heard of either
band. So I'm thinking no one will be there if I get there an hour ahead of
time. Wrong! The line was 5 blocks long or something. I nearly cried and
was convinced I wouldn't get in.

But....! I got in and much to my surprise, people were more fascinated
with the bar then with getting a good spot up by the stage (standing room
floor up front, balcony and other seats to sit at in the back). I was
right up against the stage--bonus! (Alone, also :( ).

Karin came on looking just adorable (Linford too) and I got mad b/c people
basically talked the whole time. But she opened with The Seahorse...and I
can't remember the whole set but when I figure it out, I'll post it.
(Closed with Latter days). I was, of course, going nuts, because I've
never seen them in concert b4. Some idiot from the crowd yelled "Free
Bird" and Karin said "This is the only Free Bird I'm going do" (something
along those lines) and gave him the finger! It was great!The whole thing
was wonderful--and being the assertive girl that I am, I hopped halfway up
the stage after the set and snaked the set list! And damn near got kicked
out for it too...you would think I were an FBI fugitive the way the Blue
Note body guard yelled at me.

So I had my setlist and was just completely bowled over by the Junkies. I
have 3 of their CDs but I must say, with Karin duoing, that was one of the
best concerts I've seen---second only to Sarah McLachlan. Margo and Karin
did a great version of Misguided Angel and it was gorgeous. After the
show, I was getting ready to hit the back and find them by the busses and
one of the stage crew asked me for my OTR setlist back! They said they
needed it as a cheat sheet (It had guitar tabs on it) and of course I
didn't argue but was pretty sad....he gave me Margo's setlist for it.

Because my town is wacko, CJ and OTR had to move quick and get the heck
out of there b/c of some dance show the venue was having afterward. So
they didn't do the autograph thing that I've read they normally do. I hung
around back by the bus and then Michael Timmins came out and signed the
setlist and got Margo to. I asked him to find Linford or Karin for me, and
Linford came out! and took my copy of patience with him. Karin never came
out but she signed it for me (wrote "thank you") and Linford did too...he
wrote "this is as close to the ocean as you and i will ever get." i
thanked him profusely and told him it was a great show. I would have liked
to talk more but I could tell they were in a hurry.

Oooo also some girl was very upset that I had the CJ setlist...darn near
beat my up for it. The OTR one mattered more to me, but hey, when you need
a cheat sheet, you need a cheat sheet :)

Maybe later on I'll post the setlist they played. One question: what is
"Bothered" off of? ALl in all, it was a moving, lovely experience. I can't
wait for my next show.

Mareesa

Mareesa Orth
c718909 at showme_missouri.edu