be careful what you wish for...

hi.

there's a saying:  Be careful what you wish for because you might just get your wish.

So, i was wishing that Anne E. would play another gig at Brady's (because it's closer to me than Cleveland where she normally plays.   I got my wish, and Bonnie at Brady's scheduled her in on Dec 12  {singing:  I met a boy called Frank Mills, on December the 12th right here in front of the Waverly, but unfortunately, i lost his address- - - Frank Mills, __HAIR__.  Sorry,  these musical parenthetical asides creep into my head like this all the time.}   Anyway,  i'm thinking, cool.  I go to Anne on the 12th and then to OtR in Ann Arbor again the next day.

But now,  SHIT!  i see that the  latest  annoucement from the OtR camp has OtR playing in Cleveland (it's not ~very~ far away)  on the 12th,  too!!

Well, sorry Anne.  I love you to pieces,  but i'm at OtR!

oooh!   {there was a pause above, in real time,  which you couldn't see out there.}   Speak of the Devil!  I just got a 'phone call from Anne!  i told her about the unfortunate conflict of schedules.  she said that maybe she'll try to pop in at OtR on their way home that night,  but i'm betting that they won't make it by the time OtR finishes up.    Well,  there's still the remote possibility that she and Victoria will take me up on our offer to car-pool 'em up to Ann Arbor the next day.   (yeah, right!)   (yes, anne and victoria like OtR).

well, just thought i'd share some more disappointment with you all...

jg

NP: nothing,  'cause my CD/DVD thingy is still crashed.   but i *would* be playing  L7  __the beauty process: triple platinum__  if i could