Re: Jacksie (for Lex Ed)

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998 08:31:30 PST "Bruce Lachey" <b_lachey at hotmail_com>
writes:
>Ed, I think I recall my pal Carol telling me that she read CS's auto-
>or
>biography, and Jacksie is what he called himself as a youngster.
>Essentially the song is about him seeing the ghost of his wife though,
>believe.

I knew about the name, which is how I made the connection, although I
wasn't positive. And I hadn't known that the ghost story was in any of
the biographies. Thanks.

I'm not sure why, but it strikes me as really really cool that instead of
his adult nickname (Jack) they used the name he was called as a little
child.  Somehow, that focuses the emotional content and brings the whole
song together in a way that never would have happened if they had titled
it anything else.

--ed

___
"This is precisely the sort of thing that no one EVER believes!"
                                            --Baron Munchausen

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]