Re: Two Things about Lydia, the fairy princess...

"Brad Caviness" <bigwig at arkansas_net> sez:

>>between Brad and Chris someone got the crazy idea....

Brad's idea...I can't take any credit.

>>>First of all, who thinks we should start petitioning OtR to give Binky
>>one of the opening slots for the Emery show this year?
[...]
>It's not such a far-fetched idea. Among OtR fans, you *could* be said to
>have a draw. Plus, I finally unearthed your cd yesterday from where's it's
>been hiding the in the catacombs of my cd collection, and played it through
>three times in a row. Which almost never happens.

See, the same damned thing happened to me.  I was expecting it to be
decent, and I would have to be nice and tell you how much I liked it.
The difference?   I hardly took it out of the cd player all day, and
you guys have seen me rotate through the NP in the course of a day.

It's a damned good album.  binkster, you have some talent.

>Mr. Emery and I had a nice
>long discussion via email about it (see, sometimes private conversations
>*do* get taken off-list). I told him I think "Wipe Away" is kind of the
>Bizarro version of the Stone's "Sympathy for the Devil."

I just listened to it a bit ago, and I can see what you mean, Brad.
It's got the same bouncy feel.  It's not quite as dark, though.  ;-)

>>>And secondly, what the hell is liquid beef?
>>glad you found out.
>>
>But when I did, I was like Luke Skywalker, hanging one-handed from the
>bottom of Bespin's Cloud City, dazed, muttering, "Ben, why didn't you tell
>me?... Ben...."

Umm...Luke, I still think you were given the wrong interpretation.

Awwww.

>I only wish I could be in cincy to see this. If it happens. Seriously,
>Binky. Call the OtR office. The number is in the Good Dog Bad Dog cd. We'll
>start an email campaign. Send them a cd. This could be a good break.

I think so.   If it *does* go down, you have to be here, Brad.
There's always a way to get to an OTR show - just ask bink.

>>what on earth am i gonna do with you guys? i swear on my life, people,
>>that i did NOT put these guys up to this....
>>
>Right. This was all my idea. Now, the check's in the mail, right?

binky already paid me when he "spent the night" here, IYKWIM, AITYD.
--
NP: Soundgarden - _Superunknown_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery