Re: Hi! I'm new!

On Mon, 09 Nov 1998 17:06:05 GMT cemery at iwaynet_net (Chris Emery) writes:
>Lydia the fairy princess <phrogqueen at rocketmail_com> sez:

>>Also-I've recently started
>>reading a book called "Till We Have Faces". The
>>reason I started reading it is because of OTR's third
>>alblum.
>
>Why would _Eve_ prompt you to read C.S. Lewis?
>
>Seriously, though, TWHF is OTR's first album, and the title was
>inspired by the book.

Why, though?  Is there any connection at all, or did they just like the
title?

>Another great musician who is sometimes inspired by Lewis is Steve
>Hackett (Genesis guitarist from 72-77).  He's also got an album called
>_Till We Have Faces_, and a song-cycle called 'Narnia' which is
>loosely based on _The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe_.  But as far
>as that goes, the best, IMO, is the album _The Roar Of Love_, by the
>group 2nd Chapter Of Acts.  It's a full length concept album that

I'm sure many here already know this, but Sixpence None the Richer is
sometimes inspired by Lewis; their name comes from a passage in Mere
Christianity.

>>So-if anyone is interested it's by C.S.
>>Lewis. It's really good. It's a modern day version of
>>the classic Cupid and Psyche. Please write me back
>>and make me feel welcome! :)

I've read this twice; Lewis apparently considered it his best, but I
still prefer the Chronicles to anything else.

--ed
ich bin ein rhinelander

___
"This is precisely the sort of thing that no one EVER believes!"
                                            --Baron Munchausen

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]