Re: Alanis bashing

> jillian said...

>   You hit the nail right on the head. Once someone becomes popular,
> everyone is so quick to abandon them! I've heard it right here in the
> REM argument. I've seen it happen to some Radiohead fans. Most Nirvana
> fans did that,as well as Green Day fans. Once these bands became media
> successes,the fans couldn't handle not having a "secret club" anymore.

    When somone becomes "popular" nowadays it seems that this includes having
that somone stuffed down the throat of every radio listening, MTV watching
person everywhere.  When I am forced to listen to the same songs everywhere I
won't willingly go home and listen to the same music.  Over time the music I
had liked which has become "popular" turns into something that I will run
from.( Wow, I have become conditioned to hate popular music.)

>   What oh what oh WHAT IS IT about produced music that turns all you
> intellgent people off????

    As for produced music, it seems to work kinda the same way.  If I was on a
record label and had one "hit" record, would that label push me to make my next
album exactly the same?  The first album was original, and me musically, but
the second album is just a copy of something else.  Where is the fresh sound
there?  We are stuck with stale recycled music.
    I think this is why some people aren't too excited about the direction OtR
is heading because it looks like they are heading twards this pop market.  I
don't know, I'm just making things up now...

Mike Christel
p.s.  sorry for the OtR content :)
           - Winston Churchill