Re: Alanis

cecook <cecook at sccoast_net> sez:
>> I don't get it.  I understand it's very "Western Culture" to rip someone
>> to shreds when their personal fame clock hits 0:15, but I kinda like a
>> lot of her stuff.
>>

>thanks bruce.  i completely agree with you.  i think all this alanis
>bashing is bunk.  i'm a big fan of her and as well think that she's got
>some very "real" stuff going on in her music.  fight the power!!!

Eh.

I've always been down on Alanis, and this discussion gave me an excuse
to listen to some of her stuff again.   I was putting some Alanis mp3s
on my site, and I re-listened to about 5 tracks from _Jagged Little
Pill_.   Her stuff strikes me as very *not* "real", very forced, in
fact.   It's like she was trying too hard to hit that niche that she
was aiming at.

If I want a non-faked Angry Woman, I'll go throw in some Patti Smith.

NP: Duran Duran - 'Ordinary World'
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Floyd Code: v1.2a r+d>s TW 0/0/ FD 1- 0 Meddle 3 0 29.8% <16oct98>
I doubt, therefore I might be.

Follow-Ups: References: