Re: In Defense of GDBD

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 01:58:06 -0700 manicely at OREGON_UOREGON.EDU writes:
>Chris, here's my humble defense of Good Dog...

(major, edit... in fact, total edit)

my favourite OtR album still stands as the one they did with William
Shatner singing backup vocals.....

i know i've said this before, but what i like so much about GDBD *is* the
total simplicity of it.  yes, it is very raw and unpolished.  that's what
makes the band even more real to me.... and, if i recall, Linny-baby
himself said about TWHF that they weren't out to neccessarily make a
polished album, so maybe they went back to their old formula with
GDBD.... HA! ( i already know what half of you are thinking, so stop
right there! ) ;{P}  Eve is excellent.  Paitence is beautiful. TWHF has
wonderful live energy.  ....and GDBD is incredibly intimate.  all this,
of course, is my *humble* opinion.

every album is a different season. (DNotY being a postcard book of each.)
 some people love summer.  some love winter.

me, it depends what mood i'm in.....

right now, i'm more of an autumn.....

bink

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]