atlanta show: a review

well, i can see that i am not the first to post about this one.  that is not
surprising since we didn't get back to good ol' birmingham until LATE and
slept in a little this morning.
if you have never seen a show at the tabernacle and you live anywhere close to
the atlanta area, i highly suggest that you go see someone (hey marilyn manson
is coming) there.  it is a truly remarkable experience.
enough about that...
from my front row center standing position (there are no seats on the floor
level) i could see everything pretty well...
terri--hair down, but pulled up on the sides for the over the rhine set and
all the way down for the cowboy junkies set.  she was wearing an all black
pants suit
karin--black tank top looking thing and a gold skirt that was unraveling in
more than one place...  she was really hard to hear...
linford was wearing black pants and some kind of red jacket thing. he didn't
say a word all night...
brian--black shirt and khaki pants

okay... enough of that...
the set:
they opened with faithfully dangerous...it was good, but it sounded like it
has for the past year or so...
linford hit some button on one of his many keyboards and some strange version
of "america the beautiful" began playing.  i have no idea what that had to do
with tumbleweeds which they played next.  does he always do this?  tumbleweeds
was an okay song, but not at all my favorite new one...
then they played the seahorse, all i need is everything, and poughkeepsie
which, again, were really good, but they have been playing these songs for SO
long now...  they should be really good.  they ae really comfortable on the
old stuff.
karin introduced moth, which she dedicated to bill clinton.  i really dig this
song a lot.  i couldn't understand any of the words (karin was so hard to
hear), but it sounds good.
they finished with latter days and goodbye.

the crowd around where we were seemed to really dig otr.  there was a young
lady behind us who must have had ADD or something.  it was nuts.  she was
wearing a patience t-shirt and she sang really loud in my ear the whole time.
someone next to her asked about the band and she sang their praises.
the new bass player didn't do much for me--or didn't do much period.  i forgot
he was there most of the time.
jack had a few solos that weren't bad, but his new electric beginning to
poughkeepsie doesn't quite fit IMHO.
i wish i could give a more energetic review, but i can't.  the show was
good--very poilished (as i said they did a lot of old stuff), though hard to
hear at times, and people seemed to get into them.
as for the cj's--i am not a big fan, but the crowd was really happy with their
set it seemed.  good time had by all.
i do have a tape of the show with otr's set (though most of goodbye got cut
off...) and 45 minutes of cj's set if anyone is interested....
looking forward to the emery...
jan