Re: oh, what you're missing...

In a message dated 10/10/98 2:47:55 AM, bellsock at hotmail_com wrote:

>someone commented that karin's voice sounded like a combination of
>different singers.  ?.  anyway, she thought about it and said, "ever
>heard of The October Project?"  who?

October Project so utterly rules, man.

Or, should I say, they did. They put out two gorgeous, wonderful, transcendent
albums, and then folded like a butterfly, to my dismay.

Their first album, October Project, always means early morning, driving to
work at the PA renaissance Faire in the early fall, watching the leaves turn,
feeling the cool breeze, being happy. Matter of fact, I was just there last
weekend and happened to have the tape. I was SO happy I didn't even care it
was the weekend of the Car Show in Hershey and everyone was driving at 5mph.
On hills.

Anyway, the second October Project CD, "Falling Farther In," came out in 95,
and was, far as I know, their last. It, too, is utterly yummy. I've often
wondered why we don't talk more about them on this list. Gorgeous female
voices, intricate lyrics, lovely melodies.... Sound like anyone we know?

Which reminds me: who has my tape?