Richmond show

Hi everyone. I finally have good news to report from Richmond, VA! :)
Where do I start...

I've been basically waiting to see Over The Rhine play since Til We Have
Faces came out way back when in 1991. That's been a long time to wait
huh? Well, finally my dream came last night.

I won't say I was dissapointed either. And I know my maniac fan of a
wife also felt the same way. The only negative comment I have to say is
that I wish they could have played longer. And perhaps that dream may
come true next time they are in the area (more on that later).

I wasn't really there to see the Cowboy Junkies, so I wanted to make the
best of the show. So getting front seat tickets was nothing short of a
miracle and a blessing. I could see everything crystal clear, except for
Brian's face which I saw briefly later last
night.

All I can say about the performance is they were truly wonderful. I
couldn't quite always hear the vocals, but considering where I was
seated it wouldn't be unusual. Although, being able to "see" them was
the most important factor for me. They are so professional on stage it's
amazing to think they haven't been scooped up again by a major label.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

The new material was also very good. My only regret is not seeing them
let loose like they do when they headline a show.

After the show, I was lucky enough to have talked to Linford. Basically,
me and my wife had him all to ourselves after the show because we were
both invited into the tour bus (and if any other fans were in there I
would have seen them). :) All I can say is that I felt very special and
that feeling you couldn't put a price tag on.

We talked shop for awhile...about things like The Innocence Mission
(which I updated him on the latest happenings) and their former
management company, record labels, Suddenly Tammy! and the rest of the
tour, etc. I also mentioned that I'd like to book the band the next time
they roll through town for a venue like the Flood Zone. I'm keeping my
fingers crossed! Oh and by the way, I'm a music publicist here in
Richmond.

Anyhow, I briefly saw Brian and Terry for like a few seconds and then
Karin came in and I about felt like an idiot because I really didn't
know what to say to her. My wife took advantage of my silence and got a
handshake from her. I told them how much I loved "Latter Days" from the
CD and the show and pretty much let em know we enjoyed ourselves very
much and we will look forward to seeing them again.

Oh and I did get to meet two of the other members briefly. Mike was
actually the one who told me that Linford was looking for me after the
show and couldn't find me. That's when Mike walked me and my wife over
to the tour bus across the street. And when I initially saw Jack
(hanging out before the show in the back) I thought he was a roadie.
I felt like a major idiot (the first time, and again later on when I met
Karin of course) when Linford introduced me to him. :)

But I'll settle for feeling like an idiot anyday when I have a night
like last night.

Thanks OTR! and thanks Stacy for informing me of the show!
Keith