Re: chris is cool. sha has spoken. (no otr. hardly ever, actually)

On Sat, 10 Oct 1998, Layne Petersen wrote:

> SheepyFuzz at aol_com wrote:
>
> > chrysanthymum wrote:
> >
> > >  >the boy listens to over the rhine AND the carpenters?
> > >
> > >  I *love* The Carpenters.
> >
> > me too, me too. but i didn't know any BOYS loved the carpenters. there's hope
> > for this world after all. maybe.
>
> I dig the Carpenters a great deal as well. My parents had an 8-track of _The
> Singles 1969-74_ when I was a kid, and every time we got into the car for more
> than a half-hour, it was playing. So Karen Carpenter's sweet voice was a big
> part of my formative years. I mean formative, like, between 5 and 8 or so...

	the carpenters' christmas albums were favorites around the
holidays.  the arrangements of richard complemented karen's vocals like
hand in glove.  arguably, it was a bit of heaven on earth, imho.

	fwiw.  ciao--vc

np:  the housemartins  _now that's what i call quite good_