Re: coke, pop, and soda...

>>Actually what was funny
>>is that I always thought "I Painted My Name" had a kind of country
feel
>>to it *ducks flying objects*

>I'm more puzzled than anything else at this analysis.

so am I.  despite the fact that I get that same country feeling with
that song sometimes.  not the up-in-the-hills, dance-with-yer-sister
kind of country.  something closer to that pop-radio-friendly country.
but I'm puzzled as to exactly why myself.  I can't put my finger on it.

>As a former native Iowan, I call it soda.  the locals of Pennsylvania
>call it soda...(one of the many reasons Pennsylvanians and myself do
not
>get along...though I knew a texan who called it coke...all of it...

there are a lot of places down here in Georgia that'll respond to "give
me a Coke" with "what kind?"  in fact, we do that in my family.  if
there's a two-liter of Dr. Pepper and a two-liter of Coke, and you ask
for "a Coke" you'll be asked "which one?  just regular Coke?"