New listee. BILLIONS of topics.

Umm, I'm new here.  Kinda.  Just wanted to point out a few things to the
list:

Obviously, Marquis (and I tend to agree) think that 23 year olds don't
like OtR.  Mr. Emery, your *** news flashes *** had me laughing out loud
so hard; pretty darned good stuff.

For the record, I think GDBD was "easy" for them to make (I didn't write
it was easy to ~write~) and it does kinda fit the anti-grunge,
resurgance of acoustic music popular with the young and hip.  I suspect
their next foray will be into swing.  hahaha.

After repeat listenings and years and years and seeing every song
performed live on it multiple times, I think "Patience" is complete
brilliance.  I now even pardon the band for "I Painted My Name", whose
vocal fragments at the end of each verse line annoy me to the point
where my hair at the back of my neck stands on end, not to mention the
trill and tinny sound of "Slipping".

GDBD has my favorite OtR track of all eternity, HtBS.  Brilliant.  I
think I've only seen it live twice, once at Emery and the other time ???
That said, I never can really listen to the whole CD from end-to-end.
My attention span isn't long enough to hear Karin drone "Don't you wanna
see what you're missing?" 8 times in a row, or whatever.  I agree with
Chris; it's production bores me in general, but the songs are well
written.

I might be hallucinating (elvis) or something, but I swear I saw a new
video today for an old U2 song (Sweetest Thing) and it said it was from
a "new" greatest hits from 1980-1990 era U2.  What's this about?  OtR
should remix remake remodel their "old" stuff into a new shiny package
for the kids to listen to!  Hell, even invite the 23 year olds.

Mr. Singleton, you're at NKU?  How come we never include you in our
"private Cincinnati area listee" things?  :)  Are you cool or a loser,
just answer that so we won't have to waste time if it's the latter?

Paul and Mr. Barker, OtR circa 92/93 kicked MAJOR ass.  On a good night,
it was something to see, I can't help myself, it was like a new religion
(yeah).  OK, it's almost time for bed when I quote Duran.

Bruce

More reasons why I dig "Patience":
"I love the patience in your eyes"
"Down by the river - just you and I"  <-- this line gets me
"So do I"  <-- same with this one from "Sister"
"She'll be by your side when it's your turn"  <-- wow
"Than I... do"  <-- Killer end.