Eve vs. GDBD

-----Original Message-----
Chris Emery quoted:

>From: ~Mareesa Orth~ [mailto:c718909 at showme_missouri.edu]
>> Oh geez wow...talk about strange...I come out of lurking, make a comment
>> about GDBD and BAM! I started a topic! :)

and then spake:
>Well, it's really a long standing can-O-worms that you opened.   It boils
>down to Old School vs. New School.

That's an interesting comment to make. GDBD is probably my favorite overall
record of any by OtR. It has the most organic flow and most consistency from
song to song than any of their releases. And I've been an avid follower of
the group since the moment I saw them in 1991. Fans don't come much more old
school than me. Eve is probably my second favorite, however, because it best
represents what OtR was about live when Ric was with them and when it seemed
they were more interested in pushing the envelope and making some noise
rather than seeing how well they can exploit pop formulas. Like I've always
said Eve is a lover. GDBD is a mate. Other than that, I guess it's just a
matter of taste.

Brad Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises
bigwig at ricochetmusic_com