Re: Boston show

In a message dated 9/19/98 8:18:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
cemery at iwaynet_net writes:

> I've wondered this before.   If you live outside their normal midwest
>  touring scheme (CJ tour aside, of course), and have a suggestion for a
>  place to play, how do you communicate that to them?  Would you just
>  call the home office and give whoever answers that # the info?  Name,
>  number and contact person, peut-etre?   Or...would you talk to the
>  potential venue first, and find out the feasability of them booking
>  OTR, and give *them* OTR's contact info?

i had a friend who was organizing an amnesty-fest (a show at a local bar that
would host for free and the bands would play for free to benefit amnesty
international) and he simply emailed otr (at otrhine) and shelly forwarded it
to "gus" who said that my friend just needed to get them a little more
information (and a little more help) and they might play.  they had
stipulations like could you get us free hotel rooms and maybe give us the
names of some clubs in town where we maybe could schedule a paying gig the
next night...
so because otr would have been coming from so far away and everything, they
weren't a good band to try and schedule for a charity event, but...
"gus" did ask for numbers of local clubs.  SO  i said all of that to say that
if there is somewhere you would like otr to play, it can't hurt to give the
club a music sample and a contact number, name, address, etc. and it can't
hurt to give the band (or its "helpers" (whoever is left)) the same info about
clubs.
and if you do have connections (with hotels or venues or whatever) that
couldn't hurt either...
jan