Re: St. Louis show-comments

"Charlotte White-CE-2" <white.ce.2 at pg_com> sez:
>First I have to say that the city was electric!  The place was hopping,
>mostly because of McGwire, but there was also alot of stuff going on
>downtown (made Cincy look lame-o).

Sheesh.   Cincy *is* lame-o.   You can thank Simon Leis for that.

[...]
>The setlist was exactly the same as they've been playing (not in order)
>Faithfully dangerous
>Tumbleweeds
>All I Need is Everything
>     Man yells out the requisite "You're beautiful Karin!" She yells back
>"Love me buy me record!"

Is it just me, or are they being much more brazen about the monetary
aspects of touring?

>Seahorse - No Jack improv this time.  Man behind me commented "I liked the
>tremolo sound, but this band needs a stronger lead guitar "(couldn't help
>myself from agreeing heartily).
>Always
>Moth
>Poughkeepsie
>Latter Days

I hate it when they close with LD.

>St. Louis' weekly alternative paper had an article about he upcoming
>concert, and it basically said "the Junkies are good, but their opening
>band is so much better.  You will miss the best part of the show if you
>don't catch Karin's voice."  So, people were definitely tuned in.

Interesting statement from the paper.   You know, now that I think
about it, I don't think I've ever heard a Cowboy Junkies song.

[...]

--NP: John Taylor - _Terroristen_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.