Re: Last night...

Bruce Lachey wrote:

> * Venue: Taft, I'd never seen 'em there before.  Nice place.  My vote to
>   replace the Emery as the Christmas venue if it really is closed.

I really hope the Emery isn't closed.  I guess the Taft would be ok to replace
it but it doesn't measure up in my opinion.  The seating layout is horrible
compared to the Emery.

> * Setlist: Faithfully / Tumbleweeds / Seahorse / Anyway / All I Need /
>   Poughkeepsie / Moth / Latter Days.  Pretty different than Candace's,
>   but pretty typical Cincinnati fare.  Crappy that they only played 8
>   tunes on home turf.

This is the first time that I had heard Tumbleweeds, Anyway, and Moth.  I liked
Tumbleweeds and really liked Anyway (I started dreaming), but Moth was too
poppy.  I think maybe their poppiest?

> * Wade's a pretty darned good pop bassist.

He was good but he needs to loosen up.God, and so does Terri.  She STILL looks
stiff most of the time. (Actually, I think she should move on because she's not
being utilized enough.  She could do her own thing and do well.)

> * The live mix was probably the best of any of the MANY MANY OtR shows
>   I've seen.  Karin was pretty vocal and really into singing, which
>   always makes for a worthwhile show.

It was ok.  Like you said, they should have been able to play longer.

> * Not a lot of banter.  Karin only, but typical stuff.

Again, the money=bus gas comment.

> * Karin: Print dress, combat boots.  Terri:  Black sheer, hair down jg.
>   Linford: Blue shirt that Margo thinks makes him look "handsome". ?!
>
> * Margo is amazing that she greets any fan after the show.  Heck, she even
>   says she will before they play the last song.  It's basically like "let
>   me put on something comfortable and any of you with CDs or T-shirts or
>   cameras that want to stick around, I'll be out front."  Wow.  Are there
>   ~any~ other signed bands that do this?

That WAS cool.  Too bad I couldn't stay and didn't bring my collection.

> * The "bad" brother Alan Timmons plays a kick ass drumset.  Really light,
>   and a really great mix of expressive playing and cymbal loops.

That's actually Peter Timmons on drums and Alan Anton on bass.

> * Jeff Bird was another backup musician on stringed instruments/harmonica
>   and percussion (no Brian for CJ's set).  He was really good at the guitar,
>   but I swear he picked up 3 instruments per song.  Kinda weird.

Alot of talent there.  What the hell was that little guitar thing that he
ripped up on?I thought Linford did a wonderful job on the Hammond especially
since it is such a vital part on many of CJ's songs.  It was nice seeing him in
that light.
Speaking of light, did you catch the way the light made Margo look "eyeless" at
times.  That was scary.  She does have beautiful eyes though.
CJ's set included Blue Guitar, Misguided Angel, Miles From Our Home, Sweet
Jane, A Common Disaster, Anniversary Song, Blue Moon, Lost My Driving Wheel,
Darkling Days, The Sun Comes Up-It's Tuesday Morning, The Summer of Discontent,
Just Want to See, Something More Besides You, and more I don't remember.

A good set, maybe a bit long.

btw, did anyone hear that guy that said to Margo, "Your voice sounds like
Sacrifice."?
That was wierd, he needed a tranquilizer.

Oh well, I'm actually looking forward to seeing otr again, and I haven't felt
THAT way in a long while.

bye,

Ron