Re: Grammar question.

In a message dated 9/4/98 9:39:55 AM Central Daylight Time, lachey at bright_net
writes:

> Please, no peanut gallery responses here, only people that will look it
>  up or reputable sources (English majors, here's your chance to shine!).
>
>  Does "The" get capitalized in OTR's name?  I've always done it OtR, but
>  after typing in that article this morning, I figured Mr. Nager from the
>  Enquirer surely knows more about it than I do...  Hmm.

well, i work for _southern living_ magazine, and i can tell you our style.
our first question would be, "well, how does the band write it?"  and since it
is unclear (often written in all caps, but sometimes Over The Rhine and
sometimes Over the Rhine), we would probably go with our headline style, "All
words in a headline are capitalized except those less than 4 letters that are
articles, prepositions, or conjunctions..."
so that would make it Over the Rhine.
but...  seeing as how otr has never been in our magazine...  i don't know...
jan