Cowboy Junkies Review, Winnipeg

Because a number of you asked for this, I thought I'd post it to the
whole list. This will be short and sweet so to say, however, I can't
remember the last time I wrote something short.  I'm not *too* familiar
with the Junkies stuff, so some of the song titles may be wrong.

1. Blue Guitar - (Karin, Linford) Amazing intro.
2. Lonely Sinkin' Feelin' - (Linford) Great Hammond on this one.
3. No One's lyin' to me (?) - (Linford) A phenominal guitar solo that
rocked this world!  Unfortunately, I couldn't see Michael Timmons or
Jeff Bird so I'm not sure who did it!  I'm thinkin' it was Jeff.
4. Crescent Moon - (Terri, Karin, Linford) Jeff Bird on Mandolin.
5. Misguided Angel - (Karin, Terri, Linford) "This song's about staying
true to the one you love".
6. Sun comes up it's Tuesday Morning - (Karin, Terri, Linford) Very fun
song 7. Common Disaster - (Karin, Terri, Linford)
8. B Song (?) - (Linford) Linford did a great little hammond solo.
9. Something more Besides you - acoustic, very nice.
10. Anniversary song - acoustic, it may be a top 40 hit, but it's a good
one
11. Good Friday - (Karin, Linford, Terri, Jack)
12. Miles From our Home - (Karin, Terri, Jack) This song is so
great...does anyone know who's doing the back up vocals on the album?  I
don't have the album, yet I heard this song playing in a store the other
day and I couldn't hear it very well, so I became curious. Is it just
Margo doubling up?
13. Summer of Discontent - (Karin, Linford)
14. No Birds Today - (Linford)
15. Sweet Jane - Jeff did a great solo.  Out of covers in general, I
think this is one of the best I've heard.
16. Lost my Drivin' Wheel - (Karin, Linford, Jack, Terri)
ENCORE:  Blue Moon - (Linford)

As I think I said before, I was kind of disappointed in all of the
unison vocals Karin & Terri did.  I think there was obvious harmony
(like as in and including Miles from our Home) in no more than 3 songs.
I wonder if there was a reason for that?  Linford was great...is great.
Margo seems to be *very* personable and she also seems to value her fans
greatly.  Jeff Bird has put out 2 of his own albums that I wouldn't mind
listening to.  A friend of mine bought one so I just may have to borrow
it.  I've heard it's a *little* Tom Waits ish.  Michael is also pretty
amazing.
Anyway, that's all for now.
Candace