Re: Various Musings

>  Does anyone besides me find this odd?  Both times I've seen OtR I've been
>  quite upset to see that the band wasn't very personable at all.  Karin
>  was the only one who spoke, and even that was very little.

I've been fairly confused by the band's chattiness/cattiness.  When I saw
them at C-stone 97, Linford was very talkative; prefacing nearly every song
with an amusing anecdote, coy description, or small insight.  It was
wonderful.  When they came to my hometown, however, nary a word was spoken
during the entire show (until the very, very end when Karin opened up a
*little*), and what *was* spoken seemed strained and/or irritated.  The
conclusion that I came to is that perhaps they were just pissed off that
night (the venue was inappropriate, the crowd was *very* small, and the
tickets had been reduced to $2.00 (!) just before showtime).  I s'pose
they're just people with moods like anyone else.

>>> Is anyone else hearing TMBG's 'Rhythm Section Want Ad' right about
>>> now?
>>>
>> No.  But do you have their new album?  The last one we have is Apollo 18.
>> Are we way far behind?

> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're waay behind.

Don't feel bad.  The last one I got was Flood.  (I did own Apollo 18 very
briefly but I traded it away) TMBG is one of the all-time great bands,
however.  I now feel obligated to go and purchase the aforementioned CD's.

> Mormons   (by far the biggest liars)      72%
> Baptists                                                18 %
> Episcopalians                                         13%
> Jehovahs                                                 11%
> Greek Orthodox                                          7%
> Catholics                                                   7%
> Pentacostals                                              3%

Wouldn't it be (more or less) impossible to conduct this type of survey.
Don't we run into the whole problem of "if a liar tells you he's lying, how
do you know that he's telling the truth?"  :-P

> So, what's the percentage of lying charismatics in this?
> Sigh.
> I think their biggest lie lies in that they all think they're declaring
> the pure and honest gospel truth.

Wondering why it's always the poor charismatics who are taking it on the
chin.  :-(

> Too bad they don't really know it to tell it.

Yikes.  If I can say this without stirring up a batch of trouble, that's got
to be one of the most arrogant statements I've read in a long time.

Paul Christian Glenn     |   "The wished for merry state
cirhsein at top_net         |   Takes forever and a day
ICQ: #18166400         |   Some cruise, we amble on
AIM: cirhsein               |   And it seems we're going sideways"
www.top.net/macnow |                         - Sal Paradise