Re: Less than Jake...

Moving like a ghost on the skyline, Ysobelle at aol_com said:
>You know, Bruce, it's not that NS3 was so offensive. Linford didn't come out
>as a proponent of the Radical Right, or advocate wearing live kittens as
>earrings, or anything of that ilk.

Wouldn't that be hard on your earlobes?    I guess they could just
rest on your shoulders,

>It's just that he gave us a quarter page of musings very similar to what we
>had last time out, and the rest of the page-- just one, I think-- was filled
>with tour dates. Now, the last NS was several pages long and quite
>interesting. So I felt a little...deprived.

Sounds like we're being deprived.   I still haven't gotten mine yet.
I'll be honest, I really only joined up to get _Besides_ & 'Serpents &
Gloves'

>Another thing is that we had to wait, oh, months and months for the last
>Northern Spy, and this one came out a few weeks after the last. To whomever
>said it seems like we're being rushed to the end of our Rhinelander
>obligations, I'm wondering if that might not have a ring of truth. Not that
>anyone's trying to get rid of us, but that someone just wants the whole thing
>over with as soon as possible, the responsibilities discharged, so the
>Rhinelanders can start again.

I'd have to agree with this explanation - it seems the most likely.
The Northern Spy issues have been the albatross up Linford's butt for
years now, and now that they have a good gig, he wants to wrap it up.
Are they still planning on restarting some kind of fan club a la
rhinelanders?   I might rejoin if they do.   I don't know...I just
care less about it all the time.

>Piffle, I say.

And with panache, my dear Ysobelle.  ;-)

--NP: Yes - _Talk_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
Show God's love through genocide!