discussion of the band

Something that I wonder about, less than the issue of whether analysing
the band's music is proper or not, is what the members of Over the Rhine
feel about it.  Sure, it's appropriate to think about what their songs
mean, and even to discuss what's behind them, but it must feel odd to be
a member of the band and maybe even being lurking on the list.  There's
less distance with this kind of format than there is in many other
analytical situations, like in a literature class.

My comments are not meant as any kind of criticism, but rather reflect
mostly my own caution about speculating.  I did especially appreciate the
original observation about Karin starting off some of the songs.  One of
my favorite over the rhine moments is the inward breath Karin has before
All I Need Is Everything.

--Jenna