Re: the horse's mouth

In a message dated 8/3/98 6:54:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Kendrickjd at aol_com
writes:

> things with long instrumental beginnings don't "hook"
>  the listener to something new.  It would appear that they're trying >  to
position themselves better for mainstream airplay.

I can see where you're going with this, but I have to agree with Jan.  Most
songs played on the radio do have introductions, which are used mainly for the
purpose of announcing the song/radio station.

I really do think that the reason they decided to use Karin as the
introduction is a mixture of different things.  Most importantly, and simply,
fans like it.  But there are probably other reasons.  Maybe they had songs for
which they felt the lyrics should take precedence over the music.  (You know
how prolific Linford is).  Maybe they decided that Karin did a particular song
*so* well, that her voice should be the first thing the people hear.  Maybe
they just thought that they should do something different.

At any rate, anything *we* say is going to be mere speculation, but it's fun
to speculate.  *smile*

*hugz and kisses*
Jess the "X"