letterman and the devil

so i stayed up late, suffer'd thru dave who i dont enjoy watching
anymore.  watched antonio banderas who i have nothing against
(suspiciously) and watched ole cabin boy (whatever his real name is)
nodded off at least once, and then at the end, the break for a
comercial..Im thinking "cool, now I will just record this little
performance"  I'm sitting there remote in hand, finger paused on rec
button...--when they come back dave is holding the cj cd case in his
hand and says this is their new album "whatever the name is --something
about being far from home" and that's it--the show goes off!

okay did anybody else watch?

did they preempt their performance, or did my local channel just put a
commercial over it?

I'm really just a little bit upset now that I didn't get to see it.

so there