A bit of a CStone OtR review

Hi listies.

(Hi Layne)

I'm home from Cornerstone. Totally fried by the freaking hot sun, we
hopped into ye olde minivan, and a hop, skip, and a 17-hour drive later,
we're back in Colorado. For the 2nd year in a row, my favourite artists
were Havalina Rail Company (if you've not had the experience, check them
out if you can. Each CD is different - swing music  to spy music to
Russian-flavoured stuff to a more country feel - and live they are
absolutely killer) and OtR. So, since OtR was only about 36 hours ago or
so, I figured I'd try to get out a small commentary while it was still
sort of fresh in my mind.

The setlist: (I don't know exact titles to the new songs and can't seem
to find any posts with setlists without involved searching, so forgive
me if I butcher what you think the titles are)

Faithfully Dangerous
Tumbleweeds
The Seahorse
All I Need is Everything
Etcetera Whatever
Everyman's Daughter
I Will Remember
Moth
Whatever You See (?)
Anyway (?)
Poughkeepsie
And Can it Be
Goodbye

encore:
Jack's Valentine
Lucy
Latter Days
Rhapsodie
Go Down Easy

Pretty much the same set they've been playing, isn't it? I was a bit
bummed by the lack of "Bothered." I can understand how people who see
them more than once a year would get tired of the same setlist, but I
really dug it. And I think Jack's kinda coming into his own. When I saw
them last year, he'd been with them for all of about a month (if I
remember right). He's getting some really great "Twin Peaks"/Angelo
Badalamenti type tones and I think that works really well. Granted, it's
different than Ric, but I don't necessarily think that's bad. Terri wore
her hair in a ponytail kinda thing. And let me just go on record as not
really liking Karin's haircut. I think the new songs are really amazing,
too (even if I didn't always know titles). Wade seems to have blended
pretty easily, but given his history as a bit of a hired gun kinda
player, that's not really very surprising to me. Lots of people there.
The Compassion International tent was where they were (CStone is set up
with big circus-type tents all over the place), and it was pretty well
maxed out. People outside all over the place, but it still seemed to
have a pretty intimate feel. There really wasn't much "banter" type
stuff. Karin said a few words every few songs, and that was that.
Anyway, anyone else who was there, please add to this. Like I said, I'm
still pretty pooped. Melissa? Rachel? Any other Cornerstoners?

Peace, hope, love, Jesus Christ - Layner

...it meant the world to hold a bruising faith,
but now it's just a matter of grace...           - Smashing Pumpkins