Re: "rhapsodie"

On Sat, 06 Jun 1998 11:43:22 PDT, "Snoop Duggy Dug"
<snoop_duggy_dug at hotmail_com> displayed flashes of insanity with:
>melissa wrote:
>yeah, and more power to them for doing that. it's going above and beyond
>the call of duty, i think. it shows they *do* appreciate the fans..."
Dug:
>uh, yeah, whatever people.  weren't we all just complaining about how
>much it blows when they close w/ slow sappy-as-hell songs like "latter
>days" & "go down easy?"  what makes the mush hit "rhapsodie" 'above and
>beyond the call of duty?'  it's such a hug-your-neighbor song.  to quote
>our good little friend eric cartman, "it's all just a bunch of
>tree-huggin' hippy crap."  ha ha.  i'll take the oral-sex-anthem "go
>down easy" any day as a closer over that puker--at least "go down easy"
>makes me want to do more than HUG my neighbor...   ;>

Hug *this*, Duggy.

Seriously, though, it is a beautiful love song, and one I never
thought I'd have the chance to see performed live.  It's also more of
an optimistic song than 'Latter Days', if only in feeling, not in
message. (Don't feel like arguing that one today.  ;-Þ)

Besides, last couple times I saw them do 'Go Down Easy', it was pretty
much a snoozer.  *yawn*

Now, I'm sure you'd agree that a cover of 'Interstellar Overdrive' or
'Setting The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun' would be great
closers, right?

--
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery
NP: Tori Amos - _Hey Jupiter_ (CD5)