Re: Wade Janes History ( ...I dreamt you cut off all your hair.)

Recalling the power of trains, "Brad Caviness" <bigwig at arkansas_net>
said:
>To add my $.02
>to the debate of who is better (from the view point of having seen Mr.s
>Janes and Georgin live on more than one occassion) I have to say that what I
>know of Wade, Mike is the more "OtR" bass player, and he was nearly a
>perfect fit for what I still consider the band's *new* direction (give me a
>recording w/o Ric and maybe I'll stop).

I agree wholeheartedly.  I'm still puzzled why Mike left so abruptly.
*sigh*   Only 6 more different members, and they will catch up to Yes
for personnel.  Scary thing is that they're halfway there already.

>But if Mike has to leave, they can't
>do much better for a replacement than Wade. He is a terrific, understated,
>underrated, melodic player.

I was never disputing this.   He's quite good, but at this juncture, I
can't see him being as good as Mike.   Let's see what he does with it.

>And I wouldn't be surprised to see the upright
>or fretless come out. The other bands he's played for didn't go for that
>kind of sound. But OtR should give him the opportunity to expand his
>performing range and show everyone what he can really do.

I'm hoping for the best.  More than anything what the band needs right
now is *stability*.   Everything has been in flux pretty much since
the demise of the IRS thing.  And now, just when they are settled in
the sextet, and recording demos to shop around to record companies,
Mike leaves.  Hopefully, it won't take too long for Wade to get up to
speed.

>NP: Chagall Guevara, *Chagall Guevara*.

Someday, I'll have to locate a CD of this.  I don't even think my
ancient tape plays anymore.

--NP: Yes - _Tales From Topographic Oceans_
ICQ #: 1388556  ***    AIM: ChrisEmery