welcome ed!

hi Ed

my names emily, im from australia, i first heard of over the rhine in an eppisode of mysterious ways, my first album i bought was good dog bad dog, it was great, i then got films for radio, after that  i ordered every album on line, then my car got stolen with all my cd's so i re ordered them all, at the time it cost quit a bit with the australia dollar being low and the postage, but may i just say it was totally worth it and i would do it over and over again if needed, only im hoping they never get stolen, i do now copy all my albums, and i surgest you do to, ive had many cd's get scratch and dont play any more but i was over them albums, but trust me you will never get over any over the rhine albums, you will treasure them with your life, in time you will be willing to leand an otr album to a friend and bless them with this wonderful music,

any way your probably being over whelmed with responses from the list so ill leav it there, but dont you leave it to long before you get good dog bad dog, you have been deprived for a long time already

from the ausie emily

Brad Caviness <bigwigenterprises@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

Welcome to the group. The people here are not shy.

If you're fond of "Go Down Easy," I'd recommend putting down whatever you're doing, drive to your local cd store, and pick up a copy of GOOD DOG BAD DOG which features that and many other fine songs. I would also recommend  picking up OtR's latest effort, OHIO, which, in my mind, is one of the best releases of the last five years, and has many compositions on it that someone who is a fan of "Go Down Easy" would love as much.

As for guitar tabs, I don't know how much help I can be (actually, I do know. And it's none at all). But you can find sheet music for some selected songs available for download at overtherhine.com.

"I am the highway"

ejfelker@earthlink.net wrote:
Hi. I just joined this list. I have belonged to a few other music-related groups, so I know I'll sound like a doofus when I say:

I never heard of this band until this morning.

Saw the movie 'Love and Sex' a while back, liked the music and ordered the soundtrack. The entire disc is a pretty big disappointment, with one noteable exception: Over the Rhine's 'Go Down Easy.' I love this song. A lot.

So if you'll allow me, I have two questions about it.

1. For a person who very much loves the lyrics, pace, and voice of this song, what Over the Rhine CD would you recommend that I purchase first? Is this song typical of the band?

2. I'm just learning to play guitar. 40 years old with no musical background whatsoever, so I'm very much a beginner. By any chance does anyone here have the guitar tabs to this song? I'm hoping the chords are kind of basic! ! , and it's not in a special tuning or using a lot of barre chords or anything, but I could not find anything on the web for it.

Thanks very much.
Ed.

Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Search - Find what you?re looking for faster.