Re: I'm new.

Welcomre aboard! Have a seat, take a look around...

As for the first CD to buy, I agree with the sentiment
that if you're a big fan of "Go Down Easy," buy Good
Dog Bad Dog, since the entire album is very similar in
feel to that song. OHIO, the band's latest release, is
also a good choice for the same reason.

Be aware, however, that the music of Over the Rhine
has an ecclectic history and sense of style and that
not EVERY OtR album sounds like what little you've
currently heard. If your musical tastes are varied,
yet discriminating, you may well like their entire
calalogue, like many of us here do.

There are folks on this list who will swear by the
sparceness Good Dog Bad Dog while others favour the
fuller instrumentations of the more difficult-to-find
recordings of PATIENCE and EVE. Films for Radio is
aguably the band's most radio/pop oriented album to
date, which is a far cry from Good Dog Bad Dog, but
it's an outstanding collection of well-crafted songs,
too.

I guess what I'm saying is that the music of Over the
Rhine covers a WIDE spectrum of arual colours, so
start off with what you know (Good Dog) and go from
there.

Good luck!

bink