Re: SoCal

Anyway, I'll try not ti use the term Cali (though some
habbits are hard to break).
--- So Briquet <Sobriqet@webtv.net> wrote:
> I believe that "the Southland" is a common term used
> in southern
> California.

what, did someone get in trouble for saying 'cali'? it's not like southern californians are picky. hell, they're the kings and queens of nicknames down here. living in los angeles you hear all kinds of landscape nicknames: cali, SoCal, southern cal, southlands, LA, sand dog, TJ, o-side, LBC, NoHo, WeHo, k-town, kosher canyon, the westside, eastside, down below the orange curtain, and my favorite, the people's republic of santa monica...

the only nickname i've heard upsets anybody in this state is 'frisco.' so, of course, everybody i know specifically says 'frisco' when they visit 'the city.'

kalifornicatin'

melanie

Day Job Officially Becomes Job
HILLSBORO, OR?Another human dream was crushed by the uncompromising forces of reality Monday, when the restaurant day job of 29-year-old former aspiring cartoonist Mark Seversen officially became his actual job.