Re: Patience t-shirt

In a message dated 2/27/2004 6:07:50 PM Pacific Standard Time, rgockley@andrew.cmu.edu writes:
Okay, so, I have one of the old Patience-era 9:30 clock-face tee-shirts.

This reminds me of something I'd forgotten to pass along (it's taken me less than a week to forget it though, which is, I admit, not a good thing...).

So anyway, this past Sunday night, I was in my hotel room in Singapore trying to get to sleep before flying back to the States the next morning.  I wasn't having a whole lot of success getting to sleep, so I had the TV on and had been watching an English Premier League match (Birmingham City vs. Aston Villa, if anyone cares), but started flipping around to other channels to see what else was on.  For some reason I temporarily settled on the Discovery Channel which was running a show about a group of 6 or 7 people who were trying to lose weight.  In the course of this program, they showed a brief shot of some people eating some variety of fast food and I could have sworn that one of the guys in that shot was wearing one of those Patience tees.

I don't expect to encounter OtR paraphernalia while in Asia - I don't even expect to encounter it here.

That's all.

Steve
oncleboo@aol.com

np:  Daniel Amos - Horrendous Disc

"Anyone who thinks he has a better idea of what's good for people than people do is a swine." -- P.J. O'Rourke