Re: Re: nader/green party (political - duh) and poem (poetical?)

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 angryjohnny@fuse.net wrote:

> anybody who says Nader is splitting the democrats and giving the
> election to the republicans is full of it
>
> if you can remember four short years ago it was the supreme court that
> decided the election (if you can call it an election, 1 person 1 vote
> doesn't really apply anymore when votes mysteriously disappear or are
> counted incorrectly, if you get to vote at all, but thats another story)

Oh come now.  Do you really think that, if all the people who voted for
Nader in Florida had voted for Gore instead, that the Supreme Court would
have had to get involved in that election in the first place?

I still like what Bill Maher said -- nobody stole that election, but it
*did* fall off the back of a truck.

When the vote's that close, you might as well flip a coin.  And keep in
mind, too, that thanks to the Electoral College, you've never *had* a "one
person, one vote" system.  Nor should you.  The Electoral College is
actually a *good* thing.  I mean, can you imagine if Gore (and Bush) had
begun demanding recounts all across the *entire country*!?

--- Peter T. Chattaway --------------------------- peter@chattaway.com ---
Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee