Re: What's up with all of the politicking?

I think this proves my point exactly.  This group, we, exists as a group of individuals who are tied together by one thread of commonality, our love for Over the Rhine.  We come from all walks of life, socially, economically, physically, etc, we are not the same.  Our comments on political and social issues, while interesting and informative have divisiveness to them because they tear at the very thread of our existence, our love for OTR.

Let me give you another example.  If I were to meet you at an Over the Rhine concert, I would not presume we share the same interest in sports as me do nor would I expect that you attend the same church as me, but I wouldn’t bring up these subjects because I already know why we both came to see OTR.  Because we love OTR!  (Can I get a witness?)  The same goes for this group.

It’s like I mentioned before.  If I’m the minority here, fine.  Before I leave I want to suggest this.  Change the rules for posting.  If this has been the way of the OTR Mailing list for the last eight years (a point subtly made by at least one person) then change the rules so that any “generalized”, agenda based, non OTR related discussion is considered ok.  By all means, don’t let your love for OTR get in the way of isolating half of this group’s readership.

Eric