Michael Moore

I've been silent on this list for quite some time, since joining, actually.
All the Moore talk, however, has aroused me into writing again. I wrote a 15
page paper last semester for school on Michael Moore, after watching close
to everything he has done, and reading _Dude, Where's My Country?_

My opinion on Bowling for Columbine is that it is NOT a documentary, no more
than a late night infomercial with a studio audience is a talk show. It
LOOKS like a documentary, but knowingly and willingly fails to document the
truth. Moore manipulates and distorts facts and people, particularly
Charleton Heston. A fairly thorough analysis can be found here:
http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html and this is also
interesting: http://www.hardylaw.net/Bowlingtranscript.html

I can also attest to the falsehood about Canadians leaving their doors
unlocked. I live with two Canadians and we lock our doors every night. Not
only that, but it seems like every Canadian driver I know has The Club and
puts it on their steering wheel even when they're just running in to the
store for 15 minutes. An insight I also had to the "doors" segment is that
even Americans, if they're comfortable with their neighborhood, will leave
the front door unlocked while they're at home. Many people whose homes he
visits are shown as being home.

Dave Cusick
postmodernrock.com

PS - If you're a major Moore junkie, write me and I'll email you my paper.
It's similar in style to the hardylaw.net links, but looks at an episode of
his '99-2000 tv show, The Awful Truth.