Re: Re: dem primary

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Melanie Shannon wrote:

> no, but it's not legal to carry concealed weapons in philly.  think about
> it- if it was legal for *anyone* to carry a concealed gun, would try to mug
> or attack *anyone*?
>
> i'm not convinced it's the best idea, but i think it's interesting.

Speaking again from the non-abstract, there is a conceal-n-carry law here
in Minnesota.  Interesting idea?  Sure.  But it hasn't stopped crime by
any means.  The law allows anyone who isn't a felon to carry once they go
through a course on how to do it.  It has all the deterent effect of the
death penalty.

-Drew J

Drew Johnson - djohnson@snowplow.org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA   ^ ^
"You rock my small, self-centered world." -Diablo, goats.com       (_|_)
          http://www.livejournal.com/~monkeydance