Re: dem primary

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Drew Johnson wrote:
> Mikey sure ain't perfect by any means.  Just like any of us, he can be a
> hypocritical mess.  So's Limbaugh, so's Franken, so's L'il Annie
> Coulter.  But quite frankly, it comes down to this; I believe that my
> life is better because I've seen the work that he's done.

Wow, from "Everybody else is doing it" to "It makes me feel good" in one
breath.

Neither of these defenses is all that defensible, really.  Either Moore
distorts the facts and creates misleading impressions, or he doesn't.
True, we are sometimes better off because of the liars in our midst, at
least when they compel us to seek the truth.  But the fact that our lives
may benefit from such people does not at all justify what they do.

--- Peter T. Chattaway --------------------------- peter@chattaway.com ---
Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee