Re: dem primary

I missed the beginning of this thread, but I'll chime in in agreement with
Melanie.  I've only seen Bowling for Columbine and Roger and Me, but Moore is
definitely editorializing under the guise documentary.  I think he uses his own
indecision on certain matters to give them a documentary feel.  I was far
enough removed from the subject matter of Roger and Me to see it as humurous,
sad and still quite good, but when Bowling for Columbine came out, I just
coldn't remove myself enough to get the same effect.

Moore also seemed to have much more at stake in BFC.  He displayed more
emotions (real or otherwise) and ended up with more of a social statement than
in R&M.

He's an underdog, though, so he'll always have that appeal for me.  Maybe he
makes Docu-torials.

=====