From: Jason Neely [mailto:bondibox@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 11:30 AM
To: over-the-rhine@actwin.com
Subject: Re: dem primary

First, let me say how warmed I am to see fellow dems (and likewise independents) on this list.  I like you folks more and more each day!

>personally, i like all of them.  was even sorry to see
>joe drop out.

I also warmed up to Leiberman, aka Dr. Zoidberg, after Iowa where he was shown on the Newshour in a candid moment at a diner eating a sundae with his wife.  The quote "If elected president, I promise hot fudge sundaes for everyone. Mmmmm"  I *really* wish I had
the VCR rolling there.

Now, for the nitty gritty.  I have come to the conclusion that Clark has the best shot.  Originally, I was a Deaner (just peeled the sticker off of my bumper as a matter of fact), but his temper, and accusations about 9-11 complicitcy made me lose heart. (BTW,
there is enormous evidence of preknowlege, and a failure to react to the disaster, but saying "I read it on the internet" is a TOTAL cop-out.  If you're gonna say something like that, have some balls).

I really didn't trust Clark for a while.  I've since learned that he was actually an independant, who voted R.  If Michael Moore can endorse him I guess it's safe.  Plus the ABB factor tells me that if he can win, send him in.  Kerry, on the other hand, could
face a bigger problem from veterans who hold a grudge about Kerry's anti-war statements in the early 70's. Also, being more liberal than Ted Kennedy isn't a plus.  Edwards, although likeable, will have the greenhorn label making it hard for middle of the road
voters to take him seriously.  Kucinich is _the_man_ (If Willie Nelson likes him, that's the mark of excellence), but I think he's too far left to get the indie vote.

IMO the strongest ticket would be Clark/Edwards.  Maybe Kerry/Sharpton would work.  No scratch that - waaaay too liberal.  The last thing I want to see is Dean going Independant as he's threatened to do.  Solidarity!  Anybody But Bush!!

-jas