Best of and REM

Shannon Lewis wrote:
(hense the new REM comp ticks me off by including supposed "fan favorites" - that suck - in place of legitimate hits)

For what it's worth, REM chose the songs that they did based on their own favorite songs - each member of the band came up with a list of their own favorites and then they pared it down from there. They did say, more jokingly but truthfully, that each of the songs was a #1 hit somewhere in the world at some point (it's a big world!). So they may not be the "fan favorites" that we may expect, but it's REM and I guess they can do what they want with their album. ;)

Brian Warren

Director Publications / Media
Cadence International
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
- Douglas Adams