Forum vs. list

As someone who mostly lurks and occasionally
posts here, I am in favor of maintaining the
e-mail list. A forum requires an extra effort to
go to another site, maybe log on, click here and
there, click on various topics, read, click to
reply, click to send etc. (whatever).

I like having the list (in digest version here --
but I've been a nondigestive person on other
lists) merely for the convenience of having it
delivered to my inbox at least once daily.

Were this list to delist, it is doubtful that I
would track down the new forum and make such an
effort to lurk.

As for the comment about why someone would
subscribe for years but never participate (I've
been here about four years or so): It's my
personality -- at a party, especially among
people whom I don't know that well, I'm often the
one in the group who's not talking but is mostly
listening and joining in periodically. It doesn't
mean that I don't like going to the party.

Plus, I get to hear a lot of the inside scoop on
OTR and read everyone's haikus and poetry (Wine
Me, Dine Me, Over the Rhyme Me) and other
thoughtful comments on life, art, music and OTR.

To reiterate
Let's keep the list as it is
Forums are at Drew's

Jeff