Re: Fetch Me the Pongmaster!

--- Melanie Shannon <lilblueriver@hotmail.com> wrote:

> BETHESDA, MD?Beautiful, hand-tooled, leather-bound
> copies of the greatest
> works of Western literature "really spiffed up" the
> den of Elaine Gadsen
> Monday. "I just love the way the gold embossing on
> The Great Gatsby balances
> out that plainer-looking Dickens book on the end,"
> Gadsen said. "And the
> bright red spine on that one by Faust really looks
> great over the couch."
> Gadsen has instructed her housekeeper to dust the
> books once a month.

nice.  i do like "pretty books," but there's nothing
like a knighted a beaten bought-for-a-buck classic
with taco bell, coffee, or grape juice (wine? me?),
and adding to the curling yellowing with fine tobacco.
("i remember reading you - it was the fall of 1992.
the chill had reached connecticut... waiting for the
mailman to deliver my paycheck, i spilled guldens from
my mustard and swiss on white bread sandwich. those
were good times.")