Re: The List is Dead

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Rick Callender wrote:

> --- Ysobelle@aol.com wrote:
> > I had heard we were leaving Actwin soon. I shall take this to mean
> > "soon"  has become "now," and shall therefore spend the rest of the
> > morning singing Morrisey tunes.

i heard the same scary thing over and over. and promptly protested and
then put my head in the sand.

don't tell me it's over, i've almost found the route to china.

> Well, if the list is dead (or dying) it was nice while it lasted. And it
> was equally nice knowing all of you.

ditto.

> There were rumours during Taft that the list might be removed altogether
> in favor of a message board. Personally, I'm not a fan of message
> boards; this list has seemed more coherent, conversational, and
> close-knit than that, but that's just me.

i just don't like having to load websites to get mail.

neither do i like doing much surfing at work. the *floor* of our building
has a Secret Classification. and they care_deeply about mesage boards n
stuff.

> It could be that I'm also too damned stubborn to change, but who ever
> enjoyed moving to a new home, leaving behind so many fond childhood
> memories, streets, and friends? This old neighbourhood is so familiar
> and warm to me. I do not want to say goodbye to it.

myabe.

i don't like moving. it's more i like the quick dynamic feel to the list -
it flows faster than a reload of a webpage can. does not limit
conversation  and response time due to bandwidth.

> If so, then maybe this is goodbye.

bye bye

neighbour down the road from us

dave built a kitty playhouse - he'd make one for you, if you cam to see it
(:

rhys

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.