The List is Dead

--- Ysobelle@aol.com wrote:
> I had heard we were leaving Actwin soon. I shall
> take this to mean "soon"
> has become "now," and shall therefore spend the rest
> of the morning
> singing Morrisey tunes.

What, "Some Girls are Bigger Than Others?"

Well, if the list is dead (or dying) it was nice while
it lasted. And it was equally nice knowing all of you.

There were rumours during Taft that the list might be
removed altogether in favor of a message board.
Personally, I'm not a fan of message boards; this list
has seemed more coherent, conversational, and
close-knit than that, but that's just me.

It could be that I'm also too damned stubborn to
change, but who ever enjoyed moving to a new home,
leaving behind so many fond childhood memories,
streets, and friends? This old neighbourhood is so
familiar and warm to me. I do not want to say goodbye
to it.

But if the commercial delvelopers are encroaching upon
the thickets, streams, and stone walls, and blueprints
for tall shiny buildings are on view, then perhaps I
am too small to do anything about it.

If so, then maybe this is goodbye.

bink