TRotK (spoilers)

Ok, now I definitely won't be writing quite as
comprehensive a review as Peter did, but I will try to
give some thoughts.  It's not totally fresh anymore,
but hey, that's why there will be several other
viewings in the next few weeks.

By the way, Peter, awesome review of the Trilogy.  One
thing I was thinking about was when you were talking
about the mithril and the stinger.  I am wondering now
that you have posed that question is how exactly all
that worked?  Do you think it is possible that he
didn't have it on at the time and maybe it was in his
pack?  I hadn't paid close enough attention to look
closely and see if he was wearing it.  Maybe the
answer is in the scene where the orcs raid through his
pack and clothes.  Anyway, thanks for the review.  I
really enjoyed it, as did my husband.

Now that I have seen it, I will spend less time
worrying what will be in it at my next viewing.  I
think doing that the first time took just a tiny bit
of my enjoyment away because I was busy thinking will
they have this and that in it.  By the middle I was
slightly anxious because no major battles had started
and the battles were only part of it.  Wow though, how
about the first time the riders of Rohan rode into
battle!  Breath caught in chest!  I would have liked
to see more information regarding the White Tree.  If
I hadn't read the book I wouldn't have known anything
about it.  They touched on it, but the flower petal
thing afterwards didn't do justice to its
significance.  I got really teary at the bowing before
the hobbits.  I was sad to see (though I imagine the
House of Healing will be in the extended) that it was
very hard to make a connection between where Eowyn's
feelings for Aragorn end and Faramir begins.  Again,
if I hadn't read the book, I wouldn't have understood
it.  I was also slightly disappointed with the Grey
Havens.  In the movie it seems that anyone can go on
the boat if they really need to.  But the very end was
verrrrrrry well done.  Oh yeah I cried!  "Well, I'm
back."  I love it!  Next week I will be able to sit
back and enjoy the movie for what it is in itself.

Ok that's all.  Looking forward to reading the rest of
yalls movie perspective!