RE: Dwarfish Trolls Again (LoTr, not OtR)

-- "Laura Hepker" <byrde@hotmail.com> wrote:
Yep, I saw it. TOTALLY worth it, despite wanting the same kind of sound
barrier Yz was yearning for at the Taft. Some disappointments for details
left out, but I'm picky about that sort of thing. The battle scenes are
amazing, Viggo Mortensen is delicious, and the ending is amazing. What more
could you ask for?

The sound was great at the theater that I went to ..... but I wanted a lot of stuff that they left out to be there, too. I felt like some of it was really important to the story, and needed to be there. On the other hand, if I didn't have the books essentially memorised, I would have gotten a really good sense of what the story was.  And there is no way that I can complain about the costuming, or the casting. Great overall.

I'm a geek. I'm seeing it again at 8 tonight.

maybe we'll be on the news again,
Ruth