Re: envy

i think you guys missed the point, i was confused about what im going to wear, not if im going to hang out with you all
 ;-]

At 02:20 PM 2003-12-12, Kelvin Bailey wrote:
From: "Vogel, Andrew (vogelap)" <VOGELAP@UCMAIL.UC.EDU>

Nope. You gotta make the effort, buddy. Take a look at www.drewvogel.com
<http://www.drewvogel.com> . See what I look like. Find me at the show -- it
won't be hard -- and come say hello.

Gosh...I remember how hard that was for me in 2001.  I have a hard time around people I don't know, especially if there is no "safety net" person with me.  I remember that I first saw a tall guy in a hat and overcoat and wondered if it were someone I should know.  I wandered around a bit until I saw the kilt and the corset.  Obviously, I knew that was the crew.  I was forced to introduce myself because I was sitting with some of them.  Plus, the whole point of the trip was to meet Liesel...oh yeah...and to see Over the Rhine.  But...alas...despite my fear and nervousness and being sure no on would like me, I had a blast that weekend.  I expected politeness.  I didn't expect the genuine open arms I received from most folks.  The show was great.  The evening at Uno's, meeting and talking to people was incredible.  Brunch at Drew's was very solidifying.

I'm just saying (particulartly to angryjohnny) that it's soooo worth the effort to step out and say "Hey guys, it's me."  It was so cool taking names and quirks and sketchy information and connecting them with real faces and bodies, fleshing it all out on Friday night, and then solidifying it all on Saturday.

I'm jealous...

Kelvin

Do I contradict myself?
Very well, I contradict myself.